Ads 468x60px

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Brunei Darrusalam

By car, travel time from Kota Kinabalu  to  Brunei is approximately 6 hrs. We rented a private car costing us RM200 (around PhP2,600) for two-way. For inquiries, you can call Ms. Josie +601115263709


Places of Interest


The Mall in Bandar Seri Begawan

This is so far the biggest that I saw..Brunei is not a mall-infested country like the Philippines..:)) 

The Empire Hotel..7-star hotel in Brunei







Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque




Hassanal Bolkiah mosque



Indeed, it is gold plated..what a fortune!

 Jerudong Park



fountain show



the playground looks like the Enchanted Kingdom 



 Istana Nurul Iman
home of the royalties

Jalan Ripas



You have to wait for Hariraya..it is the time the palace is open for public..for the rest of the year, it's closed

I am persistent..took a shot between the gate bars..:))





Brunei..Kingdom of Unexpected Treasures..Indeed, unexpected. My trip here was never part of the itinerary but I'm glad I took a risk and it was worth it. This country's treasure is not about the gold that you see in every mosque but I must say it lies within the simplicity of the country. :))

Right hand drive..this is very favorable for a left-handed person like me..
But honestly, I always get confused with the directions that cars turn..:))



50 Brunei dollar for an overnight stay with food and inclusive of tour around the city


Nasi katok..rice, chicken and gravy..two-thumbs up..:))

left my heart in Brunei..hahaha..too bad I wasn't able to get his name
and add him on Facebook..hahahaha

You'd really get this much stamp if you travel by land from Kota Kinabalu to Brunei..^_^

4 comments:

Jherson Jaya said...

2,600 two way, six hours each way... that's pretty cheap! nice photos =)

TiN QuiTa said...

thanks Jherson for visiting my blog..=)

Anonymous said...

First of all I want to say great blog! I had a quick question that I'd like to ask if you don't mind.
I was curious to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing.
I have had difficulty clearing my mind in getting my ideas out
there. I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the
first 10 to 15 minutes are lost simply just trying
to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or tips?
Kudos!
Feel free to surf my web site - Maldives Water Villa

TiN QuiTa said...

i love taking pictures more than writing my blog so the first thing i do is that i upload first the pictures. from there, i start doing the blog. i just take it like telling a story to a friend when asked how was my trip..hope this helped in some way. :)

Post a Comment