Ads 468x60px

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Tacloban City, Leyte

Why did I chose to travel in this place? I was browsing through the pictures of  my friend, Joseph Tejero, who lives near the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge in California, USA. It was such a nice view then bigla kong naisip, meron kaya sa Pilipinas n'yan? Then, a certain bridge which seemingly looks like it popped into my mind. Without further a do...

San Juanico Bridge ^_^

Seeing the place (that I was just keeping an eye on for months) gave me an ecstatic feeling. It was a unique experience that you know that you are in one structure and yet you are in two places at the same time: Leyte and Samar.

with Canon, my forever reliable travel buddy

Travelling has always been fun especially if I get to share this with friends. I am glad me pumatol sa trip ko. Thanks Arlene and my new found travel friends John and Royce. I have been with them for the 4-day trip hopping from one budget hostel to another and haggling our means for transportation. We rented a van for our tour around the city. Cost is around P2,500-P3,000 depending on your bargaining skills.


Popular Landmarks in Tacloban


McArthur Landing Site

"I Shall Return" -Gen. McArthur


Calvary Hills
The view from the top of Calvary Hills gave it a seemingly Brazil-like view. Tumayo sa tabi ni Jesus at sumigaw ng "Welcome to Brazil" (like Vin Diesel) pero nasa Tacloban ka lang hahaha



Capitol

Madonna of Japan

Sto. Niño Shrine
I was overwhelmed with the fortune that the Marcoses owned before. Imagining the numerous themed rooms in one residence combined with classy furniture. Indeed, Philippines is a rich country. Too bad, you'd get to see are red tags attached to all the items inside and its' nearly decaying state.


Dora-bells hahaha

Upon recommendation of other travel friends, we tried the dampa version of Tacloban. Food was delicious and not too pricey as contrary to what you will expect based on the interior of the place. Location is easily accessible and you can ask a trike to take you there :)

Ocho Sea Food and Grill

0 comments:

Post a Comment